Saturday, January 22, 2011

Melbourne+Aussie Open


Hey All,








We are now in Geelong, a cute little country town about an hour and a half outside of Melbourne.  Yesterday, we left Andrea and Peter’s house in the morning, and using our new GPS, Gavin and Ian dropped Mum and I off at the Australian tennis open.  (Gavin and Mum finally relented and bought the GPS after it took us an extra hour and a half to get to Andrea’s house).  Gavin and Ian drove out to Geelong, while Mum and I enjoyed watching Tennis.  We had tickets to the Rod Laver court.  In the morning, we saw Maria Sharapova defeat Tanasugarn (sorry if I mispelt it), and then we watched Caroline  Wozniacki defeat Gisele Dulcko.  We left in the middle of that match to go and get some lunch.  While we were eating, we walked into an outside court and watched a couple of men’s singles play.  After Caroline Wozniacki won, Roger Federer played Lucas Lacko (pronounced Lascko).  Boy, was that cool to see.  Roger Federer won of course, but one of the amazing things is that their serves were going almost 200 kilometers an hour.  That’s way faster than I have ever driven!  That evening, we caught a tram down to Southern Cross Station and took a train to Geelong.  It was great.  Mum made a new friend and we got some pretty good tips about where to find koalas and stuff.  Everyone we have met has been so nice to us.  I’m sure if I were a visiting Australian to Canada, everyone would be pretty nice to me, but still.  Here are some videos and photos of what we saw while at the Melbourne open!
Even though I’m having tons of fun, I still miss you guys.
Love,
Ali


5 comments:

  1. I hope you have never driven faster than 200kmh!
    I thought the sound the girl in the first video made was very disturbing! oh well i hope you're having fun and i finally came up with a come back for when you said "i dont wanna go to australia" my come back is: "well you're not gonna wanna come back to canada when you're in australia! Well love ya! Bye
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sreally cool! u know that iv never served that fast! lol but with a bit of practice im sure u could learn to serve that fast!!!!!!!!!!! miss u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Australian open Ali! I am soooo Jealous.

    Love Uncle Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Ali, how are ya??!! Sounds like you're having an AMAZING time!! We all miss you! Keep in touch!! I need to see a pic of a koala!!!
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could totaly serve that fast! lol! good to hear that you're having fun ali! miss you a lot!

    ReplyDelete